Being a “new kid on the block” can often bring up feelings of uncertainty, self-doubt, and insecurities. These are the feelings that even I felt, quite often ( and still feel at times) while developing my blog. However, I can firmly state that if it weren’t for a plethora of amazing bloggers/readers like you, your support, encouraging words, and assistance, Saudade would not have been what it is today. Therefore, it is with great honor that I accept the nomination for The Sunshine Blogger Award.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“This is an award honouring bloggers who inspire creativity, positivity by bringing sunshine in the blogging community. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee and should be extended and awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it.”
I would like to thank SUSI BOCKS for such a sweet nomination. Thank you so much ! She is an amazing blogger, guys and writes authentic, yet beautiful stuff. This is my very first blogger award and I don’t know how to contain this leviathan amount of happiness and thrill. This is huge for me because it means that someone out there not only read my blog but also connected with it at some level to think of me for this award. Susi, you truly brought a ray of sunshine to my day.
Thanks again! I promise to keep up with the spirit of writing. Now, I’ll answer your 11 questions.
1. What style of writing do you prefer?
I like prose and poetry equally – I feel my poetry feeds into my prose writing through description and content. However in terms of preference, though, poetry has given me more freedom to explore, I feel I have always been more comfortable with prose writing to branch out something surrealistic and emotionally relatable.
2. When you were a child, were your dreams encouraged?
I must say, I have been truly blessed to have one of the most supporting parents out there. They have not only always encouraged me to follow my dreams but have also always motivated me to achieve them. 💙
3. What event has had the most influence on you?
I believe, being mentally bullied by the people I trusted the most, during my early teenage years…was a major turning point.
4. Stick shift or automatic?
Too young to drive or get a driving licence at the moment. Whoops. ;_;
Will surely let you know once I’m eligible enough, though. XD
5. What genre of movies do you watch the most and why?
Okay…now that’s a tough question! To be honest, I have quite a vivid taste in movies, it mostly depends on what mood I am in .
However, the genre of movies that are usually on top of my “to-watch” list are,
i . Psychological thrillers
( I mean, what could be better than snuggling up in bed and letting yourself delve into this genre of movies, as they slyly reel you in with their intriguing characters and suspense, right ?)
6. Do you keep up with climate change events?
Yes, I do.
7. Do you know who Greta Thunberg is?
“If they don’t do it, then we will ! “
Yes I do, who wouldn’t know a girl who at such a young age had the courage stand up against norms and give her voice to climate change , right?
Her strength and courage has truly inspired many, all over the globe.
8. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate, always. :’)
9. What is your favorite B Movie actor and why?
Another difficult question ! Haha. It’s so hard to pick one !
But, I guess I’ll go with Sterling K. Brown, his remarkable performance as Prince N’Jobu in Marvel’s Black Panther….I feel, set stage for the entire movie !
10. What is the most pleasing season of the year?
For me? its Monsoon.
Like c’mon, can there be anything more perfect than the sound of rain spattering on your window, a mug of hot coffee on your table and a book in your hand to soak in the magic of such a pleasing season?
11. What is your favorite part of the house?
My study desk in my bedroom is my favorite spot in the whole house. It is my private retreat that just lets me be for as long as I wish to be. The window right in front of my desk, allows me to look out into the green garden below and beyond the street and helps me relax and rejuvenate, while calming my hassled nerves after a stressful day. Its that spot of the house where I can enjoy a quiet cuppa in the soft glow of the setting sun, read a good book for as long as I want to, without any interruptions.
My nominations are :-
1.Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on our blog.
My questions to you guys are :
1. What is your favorite thing about being a blogger ?
2. Why did you join WordPress?
3. How do you deal with writer’s block?
4. Name the book(s) that changed or shaped your way of thinking monumently?
5. When writing, do you generally start with an outline of the story or simply begin writing?
6. Three things you wish to have right now ?
7. What is one genre that you really want to read more of this year and why?
8. How do you deal with anxiety, if any.
9. What are your three all time favourite quotes?
10. What are the two songs on your playlist, right now?
11. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
Let me know if you receive your pingbacks . Happy blogging , everyone ! 💙
Artwork by Kathleen Lolley